MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dukan Diet: Attack Phase Review

Before, I get started I worked the Whole 30 for about 3 weeks and only saw a 5lb loss. I was getting frustrated. It feels like whatever eating plan I did I would lose no more than 7 lbs and then have to shock my system to do something else. So, I go to my doctor monthly due to a thyroid issue that I’m having, makes it harder to drop the lbs. My doctor actually told me that he wants me to try the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet. I was kind of surprised, but I thought the only thing that could happen is I don’t lose any weight and am constipated for a week! Why not, I went to Target picked up the book and got to reading. Like everything I try to do I researched it a bit, watched YouTube reviews, searched blogs online and made my decision to make it happen.
Typically breakfast consisted of:
Egg whites and low fat ham or turkey meat or 2 boiled eggs.
Lunch: Grilled chicken breast (I cook them or if I’m in a crunch I go to KFC for it).
Dinner: Turkey burger, chicken breast, salmon
Gym workouts are: Aqua Fit, Pilates, Yoga I go to the track to walk or I get on treadmill for 25 minutes. I am sluggish for the first few days. But, after day 3, the cravings have subsided and the fact that I am having so much protein it’s keeping me from being hungry which in turn does not give me the desire to want to snack.
At the end of each night, I add 1.5 tablespoons of the oat bran to a non fat blueberry or strawberry yogurt. The oat bran has been used as granola in my case. I will not be cooking that as oatmeal. The book states if you want to lose double digits during the Attack Phase don’t eat dairy at all. Well, I’m having it! You have to get your water in. It is extremely important. You’re eating nothing but meat, you will be constipated, if you don’t drink the water and have the oat bran. The reason why I like this diet is because I don’t have a million choices, so I can’t mess up. For 7-10 days: lean meat, eggs, non fat dairy, 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran(mandatory), 64 ounces of water. It’s a freaking no brainer! So far so good, I don’t have any cravings, I think about the food but I have not gone out to get ice cream, cookies, chips and other junk foods that I love.

Sum it up:

Cons
Constipation
Boring food selection

Pros
Rapid weight loss
Increased energy
Suppressed appetite due to high protein, you don’t need to eat as much or as often because you don’t want it.

I did the Attack Phase for 7 days and lost 9.4lbs.
Today is Day 8, I was trying to push for 10 days, but I really need roughage in my diet, I miss vegetables. I forgot my breakfast this morning. I will have low fat deli ham and lunch will determine if I’m fully off of the Attack Phase of this diet. I will update you in my next post, discussing the next phase: Cruise

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I saw this book at the book store last night and thought of you. Way to jump start the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really interested in reading more about your journey on this diet. Your pros and cons look awesome. I mean really... why not give it a try... but alas, I am a chicken, so I will be stalking you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congrats on sticking with the plan, and the 8lbs is impressive!

    I've never read the book, but if you are really missing veg, what about including things like spinach, or basically anything with low calories and high fibre? Might make it easier to live with.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I am going to stay committed to this plan, its working out thus far.

    ReplyDelete