MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Thursday, September 30, 2010

My MOJO

So....I had an epiphany. Last night while winding down watching my homegirl Oprah, I had an epiphany. She was interviewing Jenny McCarthy and she was discussing her breakup with Jim Carey. She said 'you lose who you are when you are in a relationship'.

*Light Bulb came on*

I thought to myself ever since my daughter(she's 3), I've lost my mojo! No will to learn, no drive to succeed and that led to me eating more, being lazy, just blah at work and not willing to push past it...I was always building someone else up, yet remaining stagnant. When I turned off my television, I thought: my husband is in school working on another degree(full on support on my part). I'm teaching my daughter how to recognize letters of the alphabet, numbers, matching, memory games, how to write and my son is 1 and he's all over the place, so we are not sitting down learning much, so when is there time for me?

Stuck in the routine of life, up, kids, work, kids, cook, baths, bed. My daily routine...I'm still alive right! No, date night with the hubby...no hanging out with girlfriends...just routine and a boring one at that.

So, as I previously stated I am in Graduate School working on my Master Degree(1st week). This was my first step to get me to understand...I matter. I joined Weight Watchers and made an effort to change my life. I used to make excuses about not wanting to be apart of it, but I am learning so much about myself in the 2nd week o__O and I have been working out while at work, and walking in the afternoon after dinner. Ladies, don't get lost in your relationship(being a mom, wife and daughter)as women we lose who we are to give to the ones we love...there's nothing wrong with that but, if there is no you, how can you love on your family.

Slowly getting re-acquainted with my mojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment