MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Thursday, February 9, 2012

Deal of the Week/Fasting Update/$50 Challenge

Hey all,

I decided to post in one fair swoop because my weeks are oddly busy lately.

Deal of the Week:
Sales are really slow this week. We had it going on last week and this week, my goal was to find a grocery store that doubled or even tripled coupons. I found 4 that doubled, not one that tripled:( Oh well, you can't win them all! I'm very pleased because I got 60% savings in the stores I shopped! Try to grab a paper or two this week, the drug store deals will be great!


Fasting:
Every February, my church begins a 30 day fast and this month is no different. We are fasting, I decided to give up Facebook and Twitter. I have also adapted a Pescatarian diet. Meats: Fish only this month and I can have dairy. I am 9 days in and I will say the diet was tough at first...I wanted sausage for some odd reason and I wanted some chicken. I have been doing really well with the fast. I noticed that everytime I fast in February I am always faced with many challenges, I digress. I will not be defeated. I'm loving my smoothies and looking for more vegan options when I'm sick of fish. My goal is to keep this diet as my lifestyle change.

**NSV** I was able to layer a button up and a sweater today with my winter coat and button my coat! That meant everything to me!!! I was complimented today so many times with my little ensemble I was pleased! I am a work in progress and am still working hard at it.

$50 Challenge:

Last month, my challenge was met with a few issues. I am a pretty frugal shopper. I shop clearance, thrift, and I am now couponing. I think I did pretty well. The majority of my money went to Bath and Body Works bodywash. I LOVE that stuff and I only buy it during the semi-annual sale. I decided to add that into my budget. This month, I am holding off on spending on myself unless its something amazing! Until Feb. 15!! I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment