MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 2: Mission



Mission Week 2:

I have made a conscious effort not to weigh myself for a full month. Due to my thyroid issue and meds, I don’t want to stress over the number that leads to unnecessary eating and emotions that are just silly. I will weigh myself May 25th. I will not re-join Weight Watchers at Work. Because I have my thyroid issue I am at the doctors once a month anyway for him to monitor my meds and why dip double work. Once I have worked out the proper meds and potentially having a tonsillectomy I will then make a decision on joining again in the fall.
Workout Schedule
Monday: P90X Synergy(during lunch
Bootcamp in the evening the teacher was a maniac! MANIAC! I couldn’t believe it, I was so tired. She had some bomb music; she was a dude with a ponytail. The class consisted of jumping jacks, jump rope, and stepper, running low, sprinting, pushups, squats, booty exercises and abs. The class was high impact and I felt it that evening. My heart was beating so hard, that I thought it was going to explode and my legs and arms were already in pain from the pushup, squats, lunges, and weights during my lunch hour. I’m still feeling good and I am still keeping my momentum
Tuesday: AquaFit Class I made it to my class 10 minutes early and spent 5 minutes in the hot tub and moved to the pool. The class requires a pair of swim shoes, a swim cap(black girls don’t like to have their hair wet daily), swim suit and water weights. Now, the weights are very light, you can add water to them for your resistance or you can leave it empty. I’m short 5’2, I was over in the 4’6 ft of water, there is more resistance at that end, I found myself not able to move into a full squat at that area of water but the class was really big yesterday(my first time going) and I couldn’t pull myself to move to the more shallow end. The workout consisted of kicks, squats, lifting, lunges, balance, and core, jumping and running. After the class I thought to myself I don’t think I will take this class again because I was very relaxed. I spoke to a woman before class who has been going to the class since October (2x) a week and has went from a 24 to a 12. That was nice to hear, however, I thought I need more high impact. I need to feel like I’m really getting a workout in. Honey, I woke up this morning feeling it. My arms, my thighs, my calves I can’t lie it was a great workout. I will keep this class apart of my workout.
I did realize something after the classes. I’m not nearly as hungry as I am usually. I want to eat everything when I’m just at the house, but the workouts have been keeping me busy, working all day long, and then mommy and wife on top of that! It’s a lot of work. But, I’m going to keep it moving.
I had some car issues toward the end of the week, so I did Yoga X, Plyometrics and Kendo with P90X toward the end of the week.
My eating was on point. I stayed under 1400 calories all week. I had a cheat day on Mother’s Day(where I had chocolate brownie and ice cream that I shared with my sisters), it was yummy, but I still allotted that in my 1400 calories for the day. All in all I think week 2 was a success even though I encountered some car issues.

***Note: The pictures are a #fail. My goal for last week was to take pictures while in gym, however, my phone was on the fritz. Anywho, I will come up with something better as I need to see more pics of myself for progress purposes.***

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see that you are keeping up with the activities. I love Aqua fitness, I have to get back at it this summer, during the year the times just don't work with my schedule and in summer on the hot days it feels great to be in the pool.

    ReplyDelete