MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Non Scale Victories

A light bulb came on yesterday:

It was beautiful outside, the leaves were falling and it was a nice 75ish degrees. I put on my sweats, laced up my sneakers and put on my headphones and went for a walk, that walk turned into a run! I can't believe it myself! I was out there for about 45 minutes! I.can.not.believe.it. I felt liberated, strong, in control and it made me feel like this will not be an on and off change for me, I will stay the course. Today, I packed my bag, it was a little chilly today, but I remembered the feeling from yesterday and I had to experience it again. I laced up my sneakers and went jogging, now don't get me wrong, my feet ache, my shins ache, my hips ache, but I am determined. I got a good run in and took the steps back up to the showers at work(10th floor!) and I feel amazing. When I came back from working out my co-workers told me that I had a glow to me! What!! That's incentive enough! I feel good after I work out. I'm not ready to eat everything I see. I have to keep going until this mission is complete. I lost another 2lbs. this week! Another great motivator is my work...my job has personal training, zumba, nice workout facility, across the street from our building is 4 walking or running trails, discounts on healthy lunches in our cafeteria, water dispensers, Weight Watchers and the list goes on and on. Its refreshing to see people around me shrink and its a great motivator. I'm working out alone, its nice to have a partner, but sometimes that's impossible. I'm a working mom with 2 kids, I have to do this for myself and no one else. So, working out alone won't kill me and my eating has been great, the hubby and I are working hard at keeping each other accountable.

Other non-scale victories
-I can fit bracelets at Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe(that's huge for me)
-I can wrap a regular sized towel around my body
-I am able to sit in roller coasters when an adult is needed on the kiddie rides! My kids loved that I was able to ride with them, I'm afraid of heights but because I could fit, made me so happy
-Shoe size went from a 10 to 8.5 and I'm hoping it goes down. I attributed the shoe size to having kids, NOPE I was to fat!

So, start with a walk today. Drink more water. Grab those ear phones and dance your way around the block, do what you got to do to keep moving!

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration. Staying the course and pushing through it is the way to keep on track. I can say that I need to get back on track. Small victories definitely help.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete