MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Thursday, December 2, 2010

Addiction?!

Did I tell you I was a reality TV junkie? No, really, I love alot of the worst "reality" shows. I had to place that word in quotes because, let's be honest, most of it is scripted. Anywho, last night I was watching Celebrity Rehab and during the 1 on 1 sessions with Dr. Drew, the 'celebs' had conversations regarding their addiction. As I listened to a few of them discuss their problems and life issues and their drug of choice I had an 'Aha Moment'. When I am angry, I eat. When I am frustrated, I eat. When I want to get lost in the challenges of life, I eat. And, I don't just eat to feed a hungry belly, I eat until I am sick. I eat until I can no longer think about my problem, but think of the pain in my stomach(like getting high). It's crazy right!? This has been a long journey coming...I once cared about my body and the way I looked. After my grandmother passed, I just ate. She meant everything to me, I didn't live with my mom due to family issues and I felt like a pariah and food was my comfort. I ate to feel comfort. I start addressing my childhood abuse by eating. Man, I feel so many emotions right now, because, although I have been through therapy, my grandmothers death is what triggered my change in eating. It took a while for me to get a better understanding of my relationship with food. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Currently, I am addressing those issues head on. I now know that I need to pay attention to my body. I should eat 3 healthy meals a day using my PointsPlus Plan and pay attention to my body when I am hungry and make good decisions while eating. So far, this has worked. I have been journaling alot and I love having this platform. I love that I can place my inner most feelings out here and feel like I got something off of my chest. Thanks for taking the time to let me get a few things off of my chest. I have an addiction and I'm presently in "rehab" addressing my life choices and this love/hate relationship I have with food.

Goals for the weekend: Kickboxing tonight, Spin tomorrow am and weight training and Sunday Couch to 5K, week 3 begins! It's really not as bad as I initially thought, I like to run!
Weight Watcher PointsPlus Plan has been wonderful. I have been on plan and eating good and I love these two blogs: www.danicasdaily.com and www.hungrygirl.com They have been so helpful with nutrition information as well as yummy recipes, so I can be successful.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have an action packed weekend! All the best and it looks like you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hungry Girl rules! I have gotten so many fab ideas from that site and the daily e-mails. Some I follow as she writes them, some I modify to my own taste and desire to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of how you're doing - addressing both the physical and emotional sides to this weight loss journey. *Hugs* I ordered the new WW program yesterday and I can't wait to get it. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 pounds is great! Keep it up! I am not currently doing WW..I have always started and syoped that plan so I started calorie counting and it is what works for me. But I too have read where everyone is hating the new WW plan.. Everyone will get use to it..But yes they all need to give it a chance.I agree

    ReplyDelete