MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April!!!

Finally, I went to the doctor to get a full workup. I was really concerned, my weight loss just stopped! I mean after I had the binge a couple weeks ago, I literally STOPPED losing weight. I was killing myself with all of these crazy workouts I found on Youtube and changing up my eating habits and still nothing was happening. I was staying the same. Don't get me wrong. I'm doing 22lbs, but at this point I could be smaller. My 30th bday is approaching(August) and I have a really fly dress I want to wear, size 10. Gotta reach my goal. Anyway, after testing and ultra sounds and scans. I have a freaking Thyroid issue. My doctor has put me on meds, to try to get in under control and then I will be able to see some results again. I will keep you posted!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy to know that your Dr. found something, now you can get back to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you learned the cause of the sudden stop in weight loss. Hopefully the meds work and put you back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis AND Insuline Resistance. So, losing weight for me takes a lot of focus and hard work, cause my body doesn't wanna give it up.

    Make sure you check out the great articles online at the About.com site (read up on Mary Shomon articles). I'm assuming you have hypothyroidism, which can manifest in lots o fways, meaning gaining or stalling in weight loss, dry hair, itchy skin, puffy face, constipation, thinning hair, etc.

    I've had it for a couple decades, though it went undiagnosed for years, during which I gained 10 lbs a year and slept up to 20 hours a day (I kid you not).

    Read up on soy and the thyroid. I love tofu and I used to love soymilk (gave up it and switched to almond milk), but I only have tofu a couple times a month now cause it can interfere with thyroid function.

    Also, read up on zinc. If you don't get enough zinc, it can aggravate the thyroid issue. I find I felt better once I got my zinc dosage. (I knew I ran chronically low cause I log my food on Sparkpeople and it tells me what nutrients I tend to be low in andhave to rejigger maels or supplement).

    I hope the meds work great for you. I improved greatly within a week on hormone replacement, and got even better when I learned what MY optiomal range is (which was way lower than some docs like). I also do better with Cytomel (energy wise, etc) and Levothyroxine mixed together than just Levoxyl/synthroid.

    Best with your journey...

    ReplyDelete