MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fast

I'm so excited about the fast that my husband and I will begin Feb. 1! Last night there was a meeting with the men of the church and my Pastor gave all of the men documentation regarding the fast. My husband and I have been going to this church for 6 years. We just recently got serious about the church when our family started growing. We wanted to build a foundation for our children and we wanted to have more of a fellowship with believers as well. Both of us decided to join a ministry last year. I joined the Youth Ministry and he joined Security. While this has been a wonderful experience for the both of us we have never done the fast that my Pastor has impressed upon the church every February. The reason for the fast is to get the congregation to understand what they are eating and the biblical passages to back it up. We have doctors who are also active members at the church and if you have a condition the doctors will also give free consultations during the month to be sure that you are doing ok. I'm excited because the hubby was able to bring back great information regarding the fast last night! A week early, so I could marinate on it....this year we have options!!!!!! You have four fast options to choose from:

DANIEL - Fruit, vegetables, juice and water only. No processed foods at all.

DENIAL - No food from 6AM to 6PM.

DESERT - WATER is your only beverage option for the entire period of the fast. Choose healthy meal options.

DROUGHT - No television or internet social media (ie. Facebook and Twitter) with the exception of the news and religious programming.

I'm very excited, because I know that I'm not the only person who didn't participate because I didn't think I could, now that we have options, its attainable. Before starting this journey, I didn't think I could eat egg whites, vegan cheese, whole grains and zero meat at all. I have gone 2-3 weeks at a time doing just that.

Note: I am not fasting for the purposes of weight loss, I am doing this for spiritual reasons.

Thanks for reading. I'll be back later to discuss my WW meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck hon! I'm sure you'll both do great! :)

    ReplyDelete