MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Monday, September 13, 2010

Emotional Eating

Its so funny how you can ask God for things and he just gives it to you. I have been struggling with my weight since late 2010. My grandmother passed away that year and it was really hard on me, she had a bout with cancer and she got really sick. I ate to cope with her sickness. My grandmother helped my mom raise me, she put me in private schools and took care of me while my mom worked. She was always there to guide me, give me advice or just cook me some of my favorite meals. When she fell ill I was living in GA doing an internship that summer and when I found out I was devastated, welp I ate myself better and 20lbs later, I was sad at the way I looked, but then life continued to happen and I gained more and more weight. I thought while in high school I was not a big eater, I worked 2 jobs and wore a size 5/6 at my smallest. I know that's a different time, however, my goal is to lose this weight. I said all that to say, I have been struggling this past week with getting into the eating right habits and having my water and getting in activity time and while sitting in church yesterday listening to the announcements, one of our members(whose a doctor), start discussing emotional eating, what causes it and how to cope with. Well, you know what causes it...how to cope with it is another issue. It's basically asking God what is His will for your life and start addressing it. You can also, put together a vision board and I thought that's a great idea, lets start addressing these issues. Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sending a ton of prayers and hugs your way. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete