MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

OH GOD...

This is my moment of truth. It took me a while to finally make a decision on this and today I am down right upset with myself and if I put this out here then I am held accountable and my goals have to be met. I'm so upset with myself I have been telling myself that I am going to do this and that and blah and blah, but today, I decided to use the digital scale in my gym at work(YES, I have a freaking gym, fully equipped with treadmills, eliptical, step machines, weight training, resistance balls and free weights). My husband got me a Bally's membership at the beginning of the year and I can't believe that I am not taking advantage of this stuff. It's like while I was eating everyone around me was losing weight! I was the smallest fat girl in the company...now everyone and I mean EVERYONE who was bigger than me, looks freaking HOT! They are on a journey of a healthier lifestyle and I'm on the couch eating carbs! Listen here, I am stuck in a rut. I get up, shower, get kids dressed, off to work, work for 8 hours, go get kids, (grocery store or run errands some time), back home, cook dinner, give baths and watch tv. It's bad. My classes for the fall will begin on the 22nd of this month and my day to day will change, but I need to add workouts and eating right into this equation. I have decided to take this one step further. I am disgusted with what I have done to myself, but now I have to be honest with myself. I am morbidly obese. I went to the Toledo Zoo with my kids over the past weekend and my feet and back ached afterwards(I'm 29), my kids are 1 and 3 I need to be here for them. I haven't had any medical issues per my doctor...I'm healthy(but I'm morbidly obese). I know that I need to change my life and so, I have decided to log my journey, and all honesty I'm very uncomfortable with posting these pictures, but I have to...so here starts the journey. Pray for me. I have to be around for the LOVES OF MY LIFE.
I weighed myself today...
Starting weight: 221.8
Pants size:14/16
Height: 5'2
Shirt Size: XL, 1x
BMI: 40.6


5 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there like this! That's the first step to living the heatlhy life you deserve. :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I could have written some of this. We are around the same hight and weight and I too have got to stop messing around and eating and watching TV. The big difference between you and I is that I am 48 and they say the older you get the harder it gets and I believe it. GOOD LUCK! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for the encouraging words! I will be sure to update weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,the first step is admitting to the problem and taking responsibility. Do you have a plan in mind? We're about the same height and my starting weight was 228. I just took it one day at a time and set one or two simple goals. As far as activity, I started out small, walking on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. Good luck with your weight loss endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks MochaTrina! I do have mini goals set to keep me motivated and focused.

    ReplyDelete