MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Is she your daughter...

While going through my weight loss journey, instead of me drowning my sorrow in food I am addressing what's going on in my life. There are so many things going on in my life as many other people. I have been struggling with not eating to make it better, or so I think. While I was in church last night, one of the women who I sit near saw my 19 year old sister and asked if she was my daughter? I smiled and laughed it off, but it bothered me so much. I'm TWENTY NINE YEARS OLD. I was mortified! So, what was I 10?! Or do I look older? Another unfortunate issue of gaining all of this weight is...you look much older. I'm so bummed that someone would think that, but this is not the first time. Have you ever been in a store to shop and you hear the salesperson call you ma'am, but a younger looking woman(who is probably your age) miss? Come on. I'm so over this weight! Over it. The way I dealt with the situation food wise was. eat right. POW! I'm going to drop this weight! This winter will start my transformation, because this spring I'm coming out a new person! Please believe me.

3 comments:

  1. Some people really need to watch what they say. So sorry you had to go through that. But sometimes it's little things like that which make us stronger and what it that much more.
    You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Syl! Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could give you a simple NO WORRIES MOVE ON!!! but Ive been there, sister.

    Im not a young mom :)

    'nuff said.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete