MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5 Vegan Fast

YO! Who knew!

Let me just say...I FREAKING ROCK! This fast has been amazing! I've been so focused, food is really not an issue. What I've learned thus far is, if you make healthy choices, you will have lots of energy to do more important things. Food is really not that important. (Did I just type that?) Ok, so I have been eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Big crunchy green salads, I tried chickpeas and almond milk for the first time ever. I decided that during this journey I would try 2 new things each week and see if I would make that apart of my diet. I am a fan of the chickpeas, the almond milk..the jury is still out. I've made a pizza, vegan crust, all veggies and marinara, no cheese. I love cheese. I have not tried the vegan cheese yet. I wanted to gradually try new things.

Let me tell you how the past 5 days have gone. My children can not keep up with me. We are doing arts and crafts, dancing around the house and outside playing in this snow! I can't believe all of the energy I have! It's unbelievable. I have been able to stay on the kids, to keep the house in order(cleaned and presentable to company), on top of the laundry and making time for my honey and I. The hubby is struggling. He wants all of his regular foods(I'm not making him do this), but it's very interesting to see the difference between the two of us during this journey. Anywho, the old me, would be stuck in this house...with all of this snow, depressed, eating and laying in the bed. This person, has been up, taking care of home, reading, enjoying the kiddies, working out, spending time with the hubby and not nearly as tired as I once was. Listen, if this keeps up, for the energy alone, I will become vegan:)

Tonight, I made Teriyaki Veggies in Spicy Rice. It was good. The trick to this is staying positive and enjoying the new flavors that I'm having and blocking out what used to be. I will be back on Tuesday to post on weight loss from WW meeting and in 5 more days I will update you on how I am feeling.

Until then,
Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment