MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Vegan Fast/Auntie Oprah/Sacrifice

Hello:)

Today, began the 1st day of the Vegan Fast and I will say this has been easy to step into. My husband and I started this morning. I consumed all cold foods, fresh fruits and veggies. I'm not as hungry as I thought I would be and I'm actually upbeat and have been catching up on laundry and a little cleaning. I will update every 5th day, I don't want to turn this into a vegan blog, but I am very excited about this fast!

Auntie Oprah: I DVR Oprah each day and I was pleased to see her show today featured a 7 Day Vegan Challenge to her employees. She had her employees(378 of them) sign up for the challenge and supplied them with groceries from Whole Foods to get them motivated to eat vegan meals. She also had her lunchroom serve all vegan foods that entire week. Lisa Ling went to a slaughter house to show you how the cows were, uh, well killed. It was really tough to watch. I'm not saying I'm totally giving up meat, but I am presently going to work the next 30 days and see how it works for me. The result of her staff's week was incredible, over 200 people lost weight, about 80 or so gained and the rest just decided it was not for them and quit! It happens!

Sacrifice: I also decided to give up Facebook and Twitter for the full 30 days. I was pleasantly surprised to see my friends and co-workers were very sad to see me go:) I'm not on Facebook much, but a girl loves Twitter! One of my co-workers stopped me and asked about the Fast and what surprised me the most was she knew the name of it(Daniel Fast). I had no clue this was an actual fast(goes to show how much I researched this fast). Today, I spent quite a bit of time online, reading blogs, web pages and also watching people experiences on Youtube regarding the fast. I know this will be a challenge, but I think after its all said and done...I will feel AMAZING!

I wanted to post this so I can look back at it on Day 3 while I'm going through withdrawals!

1 comment: