MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weigh In

Weigh in today was magnificent! I lost 8lbs!!!! I know I said I wouldn't post until the end of the month, but I am so excited about it!

Right after that post on Saturday night of how well I'm doing and blah blah blah. I had a craving, I wanted chocolate and cookies and pop and fries and burgers and chicken. My daughter woke up at 4am, screaming due to a nightmare about spiders. She kept thinking they were crawling on her, she wouldn't sleep in her bed, walk on the floor or sit by herself. She wouldn't eat. That morning I decided to go to church, kids with me, no sleep and while there I received a message that my mom had to go to the hospital for heart problems, my daughter was having some kind of tantrum all day of seeing spiders(it was so stressful, at one point I thought I was going to have to take her to see a psychiatrist or something) and my little boy's asthma was going wild. So, what did I want to do....EAT! The hubby kept the kids and that was wonderful, so I could check in on my mom. But, I wanted to eat all of the above things and more. I staved off the hunger by being in the present and just dealing with the situation, it was hard, extremely hard, but I got through it. After I found out the hospital was keeping my mom for observation and testing and my kiddies were ok. I went to Chipotle and had a vegatarian salad, with guacamole, no cheese, no sour cream. I didn't get the fix I needed but I didn't crave all of those foods anymore. I journaled about it, it felt good to get it all off of my chest. Sometimes life will stress you out, but eating will not change anything, it will only put you in a food coma. In my case, for sure because I will eat until I am numb, but that doesn't change the problems at all. My family is doing much better today and I am blessed.

Anywho, my goal is to workout 4 times this week. Today was day 1 and I decided to get back to couch to 5k. Today was day 1 of that. Feeling good.

How do you handle stress?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Amazing work. Funny my friend's son had a similar spider situation last week. He is two and he kept seeing them everywhere. One friend suggested getting fake spiders at the dollar store and having her confront her fear and realize that spiders attempt harmless.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete